Friday, April 4, 2008

St. Louis area man sentenced to 15 years for sexual attacks following photo shoots

Lester “Jay” Krupp will be sentenced to 15 years in prison for a plea agreement reached with prosecutors following the conviction for 4 counts of deviant sexual assault and a single count of felonious restraint. A St. Louis County Circuit Court jury found him guilty of these charges, which stemmed from a May 10, 2006 incident when he enticed a then 20 year old woman into a secluded valley for the promise of a photo shoot. Instead, he attacked and made her perform sex acts.

A second woman's photo shoot gone wrong lead to a misdemeanor conviction of sexual misconduct. This occurred on April 11, 2006.

Under an agreement reached between the prosecution and Krupp's attorneys after the verdicts, Krupp will be sentenced to 15 years in prison. Krupp also agreed to plead guilty to two additional charges, felonious restraint and domestic assault, involving a third woman in 2006.

The episode involving the most charges began when Krupp showed up outside the tanning salon where the woman worked. Although she declined his offer of a photo shoot, she drove off with him. The woman testified she had dated Krupp once about a year earlier. “There's been no motive for her to lie,” prosecutor Joe Dueker said. “(The woman) was just trying to stay alive that day.”Krupp did not testify.

Krupp's attorney, Travis Noble, said the woman's story had too many inconsistencies to be believable. “This girl's story changed all the time,” Noble said to the jury in his closing statement “ ... This girl's word -– that's all it is because there's no physical evidence.”Noble said text message records showed the girl could not have been with Krupp during the time she claimed to have been assaulted.

Noble stated his client was stupid, but not criminal to show interest in photo shoots of stupid young women and posting them on the internet.

5 comments:

Brittany V. Page said...

Noble stated his client was stupid, but not criminal to show interest in photo shoots of stupid young women and posting them on the internet.

to the comment that Travis Noble made: I was there also in that very same court room at the time of closing arguments, the verdict, and the "almost penalty phase", but the bottom line i was there to watch Lester "Jay" Krupp Jr. get convicted for acts that he NO DOUBT committed by a jury , and the other bottom line, was that He (Lester) admitted to several other charges stemming from another young woman. In all we actually only came into contact with at least four other victims. At least for me speaking, that shows some kind of pattern of behavior, and i feel that it was very obvious that Lester did actually commit the crimes that he was found guilty of. Justice was due in that regard.
And I am speaking on behalf of the victims that are still suffering, the families that are still suffering, and the friends that are still suffering.
My Promise: After hearing news like this to the victims, the victim's families, and the victim's friends it will only get easier with time.

Anonymous said...

This man has affected my life in an enormous way. Someone very dear to me was one of his victims. Noone can understand how it affects not only the victim, but their family members lives also. He should have been stopped and put away when a pattern was noticed. I just pray one day that the pain I am experiencing will one day end.

Unknown said...

I was a victim and it has been over 2 years and I still am having a terrible time dealing with this! My case got dropped and I was left to suffer everyday for the rest of my life because of what this man did to me! My name is Amanda Keeler and I was only 18 at the time and was flown all the way from Wyoming to St. Louis hoping this was my chance to make it big and I ended up fighting for my life! And to this day still have the scares that feel as fresh as they were that day!

Anonymous said...

I also went to one of his "photo shoots" 4 years ago. He sounded completely professional on the phone and through his emails, but when he told me not to bring my boyfriend I got a wierd feeling and decided I would bring 2 of my girlfriends. As soon as we arrived he offered us alcohol insistently. When it was time for the shoot he took me in a bedroom and locked the door and their were no professional lights. I freaked out jumped up and opened the door and invited the girls in to watch. We made sure none of us were ever alone with him. He seemed irritated. We left without problems, but when I called him to ask him about the pictures he told me there was something wrong with the film and I should come back so we could re shoot. I thought that was really wierd and never talked to him again. I still think about the experience and I just googled his name and came upon this. I am so sorry for what you girls experienced with this disgusting pervert, but am thankful for the girls that went forward to see that he did not get away with this again.

Anonymous said...

I went to a school with this guy, and I've known him most of my life. I always kept him at a distance because I knew there was something odd about him. I had no hard evidence of any wrong doing, but whenever he was around at events, he was always off in his mannerisms, and general behavior. He used to always ask to hug the girls in school, and it was just always innapropriate.

I wish no one any more harm from him, and I hope he doesn't drop the soap...