Sunday, April 27, 2008

Madison man sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison for attempted sex attack

Paul Aud, 34, was sentenced to 7 1/2 years out of a possible 25 years in prison for the attempt to sexually assault a University of Wisconsin - Madison student. He was convicted in a bench trial of attempted 2nd degree sexual assault and substantial battery. Aug. 23, 2006 was when Aud, then 32, followed his victim into an on-campus apartment building and pulled her down stairs. He attempted to, but she sucsessfully fought off the rape attempt.

"I can't help but wonder the typical questions that a victim asks: 'Why me? What did I do so wrong to this person that made him attack me?'" the victim said. "He had the intentions of any other predator who succeeds in his crime and I do not believe he is ashamed of what he realizes he has done or the repercussions of his crime."

Aud apologized at the sentencing. He claimed that attack was triggered by a drunken rage.
"I am sorry beyond words for what I've done and the pain that I've caused you. If I could do

anything, I would do anything to take back that night," Aud said.

Besides the 7 1/2 year prison sentence, Aud has to spend 9 1/2 years on extended supervision and sign the SO registry.

No comments: