Friday, January 18, 2008

York, PA man pleads no contest to rape

Scott Allen Yohn, 36, pleaded no-contest to a single count of sexual assault. Yohn used a knife to kidnapp a woman from near the York Police Department last March. Initially, he faced York County Common Pleas Court. Initially, he also faced rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault and false imprisonment charges.

No contest plea to sex assault, by the York Daily Record, has more.

The woman told police she was walking through a lot at West King and South Beaver streets about 11 p.m. March 30 when Yohn threatened her with an object in his pocket. She said he placed a bandanna over her eyes and led her to a nearby building and forced her to climb the fire escape into an apartment.

There, the woman said, Yohn ordered her to strip and repeatedly sexually assaulted her. After hours of abuse, the woman said, she attempted to escape by running toward and opening a door. She said that the door did not lead out of the apartment and that Yohn caught her and choked her. In the early morning hours of March 31, police said, the woman succeeded in a second escape attempt and ran directly to the city police station. According to police reports, Yohn, when questioned, confirmed the woman had been in his apartment and said they had consensual sex. At York Hospital, where the woman was evaluated, doctors noted injuries to the woman's genitals and marks around her face and neck.

As part of Yohn's plea agreement to the single second-degree felony charge, he will be sentenced to three to six years in prison and lifetime registration with the Pennsylvania State Police in accordance with Megan's Law, senior prosecutor Christopher Moore said Thursday.

The victim aggreed to the sentence resolution, and the mandatory Megan's Law registration requirement. “In the end, it is our decision what to do, but we take heavy account of the victim's position. Sexual assault best fit the crime here.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This man is my father. I've never met him. Soon after my mother got pregnant, she realized how crazy he really was. He changed. I've never met him, she got away. If anyone has more information, I would appreciate it. Googling him one day, I found this article. It's all I know of him. Obviously, it was nothing I was hoping to find.

Anonymous said...

I knew this man very well and I have nothing bad to say about him, he was very caring, loving, and protective. I lived with him at our apartment on Beaver street. I had moved out and months later the crime took place and I feel a bit to blame because he wanted nothing more than us to get back together and I turned my back on him, if I hadn't maybe these things wouldn't have happened. Also my daughter was very young at the time we were together and he was very good with her and good to me he never showed no aggressiveness towards me. It's sad how things turned out for him.

Anonymous said...

Scott cross's my mind once in awhile. I still can't get over what has happened even though years have passed. I did write him once when he was in YCP before he had gone to trial or was sentenced and his side if the story differs of what I read in the newspaper. It's so funny how we meet. He was from Altoona and I was from York and I was waiting for the bus and the bus stop was right in front of his house and I happened to ask him was time was it and from that moment we had just clicked. I had mentioned where I worked during our conversation and one day he showed up and asked if I wanted to go to dinner and I said yes so he waited for my shift to over. We dated for awhile before we decided to move in together. I thought we had it all that is until I made a stupid mistake that changed everything...

Anonymous said...

I feel in my heart I owe this to him!

Anonymous said...

I feel in my heart I owe this to him!

Anonymous said...

I was friends with your father for many years... junior high and high school. That one time we were very good friends. He was really funny and we used to pick on each other something terrible but always in a joking way. I have often wondered what happened to him over the years so I decided to try to see if he was on Facebook. When I couldn't find him I decided to google him. Just imagine my devastation when I saw that he is practically my neighbor and on Megan's lists. He literally lives a mile from me. I know the drugs are really not an excuse But the Scott I knew would have never done such a thing. I actually wish I would have never found this it makes me sick to my stomach. There's always a chance That he really could be innocent Many people have been falsely accused. I guess that's just me hoping thats the case. I'm very sorry that you had to find out about your dad this way. I just felt like I had to tell you that at one time he was a great guy. I wish you the best.