Monday, February 11, 2008

Couple pimp 17 year old girl, face minor charges due to Illinois AOC

Jermel D. Pope, 22, and Mary M. Jefferson, 30, both of the 2000 block of Fox Pointe Drive, were charged Saturday with pandering and may face additional charges after arranging for a Wisconsin runaway, who is 17, to have sex with paying customers. The 17 year old runaway, Trisha Jobe of Bagley, WI, faces prostitution charges.

Because Illinois' age of consent is 17, and all 17 year olds in Illinois are considered adults from a criminal perspective, Pope and Jefferson are not being charged with the more serious offence of juvenile pandering. Regular pandering is not a SO registry offense in Illinois.

Police launched an investigation Thursday after receiving an anonymous tip they said linked Pope to alleged prostitution-related activities. Undercover investigators from the Aurora Police Department's Special Operations Group contacted him and arranged a meeting for the next night that was to involve three girls at an Oswego hotel, a release stated.

When officers arrived, Pope and Jefferson provided only Jobe for the sexual acts. After money was exchanged, all three were arrested without incident. Police said Jefferson booked the room under the instruction of Pope, her boyfriend.It is unclear how the couple initially made contact with the teen, but police said they allegedly drove to Wisconsin several weeks ago to help her run away. They then arranged for her and other women to act as prostitutes, police alleged.

This is the latest in a string of Craigslist prostitution cases uncovered by Chicagoland police investigators.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This "runaway" will be 18 in one month, and has lived in Aurora, Illinois her entire life, except for the last few weeks when she moved to WI to be with her mother. She CALLED these people to come pick her up in WI, cause her mother wouldnt give her a ride back to Illinois.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me I am the "runaway" and i did not live in illinois my whole live i lived with my mother in wisconsin when i was 15... and i did not call them to come get me cause my mom would not drive me back to illinois.. i knew that i had nowhere to go if i came back to illinois... but I am not a prostitute and I am putting all of this behind me.. I am making a better life for myslef.. i am going to school to be a nurse and i am also workin for the dept. of human resources.. so whoever wrote that cooment u obviously dont know me that well so dont say shyt about me that u dont know... ok well ne one want to email me my email is countrychick1545@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am the girl that was arrested for this. Whoever wrote the first comment i dont kno where you got your info. but its wrong.. but thats ok because i was there and i kno wat happened. I didnt know wat was going on when i got to aurora and i wish i never found out.. but now life is good for me im workin and im goind to school to be a nurse.. wat the papers say about me is not true at all..